Ubuntu-it's a word describing an African worldview, which translates as "I am because you are," and which means that individuals need other people to be fulfilled. And that is what this blog is all about.My contact details are: Ayoub Mzee- Tel +447960811614, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can watch my program- swahili diaries on BEN TV SKY 184 or www.bentelevision.com every week Tuesdays at 10pm and Sundays at 10AM.
Enjoy News stories in Photographs
Wednesday, 28 August 2013
REQUEST FOR CURRICULUM VITAE’S FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS FOR Research Fellow – COMESA Strategic Policy Issues
REQUEST FOR CURRICULUM VITAE’S FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS
Research Fellow – COMESA Strategic Policy Issues
1. The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) has received financing from the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) towards the cost of enhancing COMESA capacity in economic and trade policy analysis and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for consulting services to be procured under this project.
2.The objective of strengthening capacity for policy research and analysis would be achieved through a number of strategic activities. The thrust of the research programme will primarily focus on the initiation, coordination and monitoring of research as well as policy issues in the form of special studies.
3. The principal task of the Research Fellow is to assist the COMESA Secretariat elaborate strategic policy directions relating to the COMESA Common Market on a continuous basis and to conduct appropriate research work.
Terms of Reference
a) Complement the work of the Senior Research Fellow and review previous studies on issues relating to the implementation of the COMESA Common Market;
b) Undertake research work to guide policy to assist with the extensive harmonization of legislation, standards and procedures for strengthening the common market in the region;
c) Identify and design strategies for institutional building in order to facilitate private sector investment, the Capital account liberalization in order to facilitate the function of the capital markets, and the promotion of free movement of persons and free competition in the region;
d) Draft and present research findings for validation and dissemination of research output at regional and international fora.
The Research Fellow will report to the Director, Trade, Customs and Monetary Affairs through the Senior Research Fellow.
4. The COMESA Secretariat now invites individuals to indicate their interest in providing the services of a Research Fellow. Interested individuals must have a Master’s degree in economics or international economics (with a focus on international trade and quantitative methods of economic analysis), and would have had a minimum of 5 years’ experience in trade or related fields. Experience in projects financed by multilateral development institutions would be an advantage. The Consultant must have a good working knowledge of the English language and a background of good research and project management skills and experience. He/ she must also be familiar with Government and public sector policies, institutional structures and operational procedures.
5. The consultant will be based at the COMESA Secretariat in Lusaka, Zambia.
6. The position is tenable for a fixed term of 4 years.
7. Interested Applicants should send a detailed curriculum vitae and a covering letter to the address below on or before 11th September 2013 at 14.00 hours, Zambia time clearly indicating the position title to: