Sunday, 27 January 2013
PRESS CONFERENCE OF THE HIGH LEVEL TASKFORCE FOR WOMEN, GIRLS, GENDER EQUALITY AND HIV
Under the auspices of the Organisation of African First Ladies against HIV/AIDS (OAFLA)
Within the framework of the 20th AU Summit, the High Level Taskforce for Women, Girls, Gender Equality and HIV, under the auspices of the Organisation of African First Ladies against HIV/AIDS (OAFLA), will on Monday, 28th January 2013 at 14h00, hold a Press Conference at Briefing Room (1) One of the new AU Conference Center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Press Conference will comprise the following Panelists:
· Prof. Sheila Tlou, UNAIDS Regional Director, Eastern and Southern African Regional Office;
· Dr. Fatma Mrisho, Chairperson, High Level Taskforce;
· Hon. Senator Thandi Shongwe, Member, High Level Taskforce;
During the Press Conference, the High Level Taskforce will:
· Call on First Ladies to commit to ensuring that “Africa becomes a child-marriage-free-zone.”
· Highlight that the work is still far from over, and commend African First Ladies for their contribution to the fight against HIV, and more importantly the Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV.
Present at the AU Summit and the OAFLA meetings are distinguished First Ladies from Benin, Chad, Congo (Brazzaville), Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Zambia.